Root canal work
a perfect foundation
If the nerve of a tooth is inflamed, which is often accompanied by severe pain, the inflamed nerve tissue should be removed and the resulting cavity filled. This procedure is known as root canal treatment, or endodontics.
The alternative is tooth extraction, or removal. However, filling the resulting gap entails costs. An implant, a bridge or removable dentures are often significantly more expensive than root canal treatment to preserve the tooth.
Patients today have the option of undergoing modern, high-quality root canal treatment that ensures preservation of the teeth. The root canal is widened down to the tip with the help of a highly flexible rotating nickel-titanium precision instrument and a Zeiss surgical microscope. It is then filled with polymer using a three-dimensional technique. A perfect seal in the area of the branching root tip is particularly important to prevent inflammation of the surrounding bone tissue.
Our services at a glance:
- Root canal treatment based on the latest medical findings
- Use of a 25-power surgical microscope
- Electrometric length determination using special instruments that reduce the number of X-rays required and radiation exposure
- Machine preparation of the root canal
- Three dimensional polymer root-filling technique